After you remove an application from the cloud, or if you do not need details for a particular deployment, you can delete the deployment from the Deployments page in Application Services.
About this task
Deleting a deployment from the Deployments page in Application Services does not delete the deployed application, vApp, and its virtual machines for vCloud Director, vRealize Automation virtual machine and the associated virtual machine in vCenter Server, or Amazon EC2 instance from the cloud. To delete an application from the cloud, see Tear Down an Application from the Cloud.
Log in to Application Services as an application publisher and deployer.
- On the Application Services title bar, click the drop-down menu and select Deployments.
- Enter the name of the deployment to delete in the search text box.
- From the search result list, select the deployment to delete.
The deployment summary page opens.
- In the toolbar above the deployment summary, select .
- Click Delete Deployment.
- If you delete a deployment from the Deployments page without first tearing down the deployed application from the cloud, you must use vCloud Director, vRealize Automation, or Amazon EC2 to remove the residual components in the cloud.
Delete the vApp and associated virtual machines.
Delete the vRealize Automation virtual machine and the associated virtual machine in vCenter Server.
Stop the instances of the deployment, delete the Security Group corresponding to the deployment, and release the Elastic IP address assigned to the instances of the deployment.
The deployment record is removed from the Deployments page.