Verify the cloud template configuration before you use the template in Application Services to avoid deployment failures.
About this task
If your cloud template has a customization script, Application Services overwrites the script with its own guest customization script. You use the guest customization script to set up the virtual machine so that it can communicate with the Application Services server to complete the deployment process.
Verify that vCloud Director 5.1.2 or 5.5 is installed and configured.
Verify that the virtual machine template is uploaded to the vCloud Director and registered as a vApp template in a vCloud Director catalog.
For instructions, see the vCloud Director documentation.
- From the vCloud Director Web interface, manually instantiate a request to create a copy of the vApp to your cloud environment.
- To verify that the guest customization process was successful, open the log file at /var/log/vmware-imc/customization.log and check that it shows that the customization completed with a status of success.
- Check that an active and correct IP address exists for the IP assignment from vCloud Director.
- Open and examine the agent bootstrap log file located at /opt/vmware-appdirector/agent/logs/agent_bootstrap.log.
- Verify that the Application Services agent boot service ran and attempted to download the Application Services agent JAR file from the Application Services server.
The attempt to download the JAR file is expected to fail at this point. The download process is successful when Application Services deploys the vApp from a Application Services execution plan.
What to do next
Verify that the items listed in Virtual Machine Requirements for Creating vCloud Director Custom Templates are present in the vApp and that they function properly.