The YUM Repository Config predefined task is a script used for updating the YUM repositories to install or update software on CentOS or other RPM-based operating systems.
About this task
You can configure the YUM Repository Config properties to add a new repository or remove all of the existing repositories. If you need more than one repository, you can create multiple tasks and link them in the execution plan by adding one task next to the other.
Use the predefined sample task only in a test environment.
Log in to Application Services with a user account that has an Application Services role assigned to it.
Log in to Application Services as an application publisher and deployer.
Verify that the predefined task is added to the execution deployment plan before you add any services or application components that require YUM for installing or updating software packages.
Verify that Application Services is configured to use a proxy. See Configure Application Services to Use a Proxy for External URLs.
- On the Application Services title bar, click the drop-down menu and select Applications.
- Click the name of the application.
A list of application versions appears.
- Select an application version.
- Create a deployment profile.
- In the Deployment Profile wizard, follow the prompts to Execution Plan.
- If the node is clustered, click Expand Cluster ().
If the clustered node is not expanded, the predefined task is added only to the first virtual machine in the cluster.
- Click Add Script Task () and drag a predefined task in the blueprint.
When you drag a predefined task, you see anchors () that indicate where you can drop the predefined task.
After you drag and drop a predefined task to a node, the Add Custom Task dialog box appears.
- Select the predefined task from the Library Task Name drop-down menu.
The supported operating systems, predefined task details, script, and property details appear.
- On the Properties tab, configure the properties.
- Select the repository_name property, type a new unique value identifying the repository in the Edit Property dialog box, and click Save.
- Select the repository_url property, type a URL value in the Edit Property dialog box, and click Save.
An example of a CentOS 6.3 32-bit URL is http://vault.centos.org/6.3/os/i386/.
- Select the remove_all_repos property and define an appropriate value in the Edit Property dialog box.
- Set the value to true to remove all other repositories before adding the new configuration.
- Accept the default false value to add a new repository.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.
The YUM Repository Config predefined task is added to the execution plan.
- Review the deployment profile settings and deploy the application.
What to do next
Consider adding a customized task to the Application Services library. See Add a Custom Task to the Library.