You can map an external service instance to a deployment environment so that the instance is always used when an application is deployed to that deployment environment.
Log in to Application Services as an application cloud administrator.
Depending on your cloud provider, you must have at least one vCloud Director, vRealize Automation, or Amazon EC2 deployment environment mapped in Application Services. See Create a vCloud Director Deployment Environment, Create a vCloud Director Deployment Environment, Create a vRealize Automation Deployment Environment, or Create an Amazon EC2 Deployment Environment.
If you are using a custom external service, verify that a preconfigured or custom external service is available in the library. See Add an External Service to the Library.
- On the Application Services title bar, click the drop-down menu and select .
- Select an existing deployment environment.
- Select the External Service Instance tab and click Register to create an external service instance.
- Complete the external service instance information for the deployment environment.
Name and Description
Include the external service name in either of these fields. The text from the name field appears in the Deployment Profile wizard under the Deployment Environment column.
External Service Version
If the external service does not appear in the drop-down list, cancel the dialog box and selectto add a custom external service to the library.
Click the down arrow to select from a list of service providers that are associated with the external service.Note:
This option appears when you map a custom external service to the deployment environment.
The properties defined in the external service version or provider specification version are automatically populated in the Properties section.
- Click Save.
- Click the arrow next to the external service instance name to return to the previous page.