vRealize Automation provides resource mappings for vSphere virtual machines, vCloud Director virtual machines, and vCloud Director vApps. You can create additional resource mappings for other types of catalog resources.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a service architect.
Develop or import a vRealize Orchestrator resource mapping script action or workflow.
- Select .
- Click Add ().
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Enter the type of the catalog resource in the Catalog Resource Type text box and press enter.
The type of catalog resource appears on the details view of the provisioned item.
- Enter the vRealize Orchestrator object type in the Orchestrator Type text box and press enter.
This is the output parameter of the resource mapping workflow.
- (Optional) : Add target criteria to restrict the availability of resource actions created by using this resource mapping.
Resource actions are also subject to restrictions based on approvals and entitlements.
- Select Available based on conditions.
- Select the type of condition.
All of the following
If all of the clauses you define are satisfied, resource actions created by using this resource mapping are available to the user.
Any of the following
If any one of the clauses you define are satisfied, resource actions created by using this resource mapping are available to the user.
Not the following
If the clause you define exists, resource actions created by using this resource mapping are not available.
- Follow the prompts to build your clauses and complete the condition.
- Select the type of resource mapping to use.
- Select your resource mapping script action or workflow from the vRealize Orchestrator library.
- Click Add.