Business group managers and tenant administrators can entitle the service and the resource action to a user or a group of users so that they can see the service in their catalog and request the Create a test user catalog item included in the service. After the consumers provision the item, they can request to change the user password.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
- Select .
- Click the Add icon ().
- Enter Create a user in the Name text box.
- Leave the Description and Expiration Date text boxes empty.
- Select Active from the Status drop-down menu.
- Select your business group from the Business Group drop-down menu.
- Enter a user name in the Users & Groups text box and press Enter.
The person you select can see the service and the catalog items included in the service in the catalog.
- Click Next.
- Enter Create a Test User in the Entitled Services text box and press Enter.
- Enter Change the password of the Test User in the Entitled Resource Actions text box and press Enter.
- Click Add.
You created an active entitlement and exposed the service to the catalog of the consumers.
When consumers of the service log in to their vRealize Automation consoles, they see the service you created, Create a test user, on the Catalog tab. They can request the catalog item you created and included in the service, Create a user in a group. After they create the user, they can change the user password.