Business group managers and tenant administrators can entitle services, catalog items, and resource actions to groups of users, or to a specific user in a selected business group. They can also assign an approval policy for each service, catalog item, and resource action. The users to whom an object is entitled are the users who can access and request the entitled objects.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
- Select .
- Click Add ().
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- (Optional) Select the date and the time when the entitlement expires in the Expiration Date text boxes.
If you do not specify expiry date and time, the entitlement remains active indefinitely.
- Select the status of the entitlement from the Status drop-down menu.
Saves the entitlement in draft state.
The entitlement is active and can be considered when determining access to entities in the service catalog.
If you select to activate the entitlement, you must select users or groups.
- Select a business group from the Business Group drop-down menu.
- Enter the name of a user or group in the Users & Groups text box, and press Enter.
You can add more than one user or group from the selected business group to the list. The groups and users must be part of the business group you selected previously.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name of a service in the Entitled Services text box, and press Enter.
You can select more than one service to add to an entitlement or you can add specific individual catalog items instead.
- (Optional) Enter the name of a catalog item in the Entitled Catalog Items text box and press Enter.
By default, all of the catalog items included in the service are entitled to the users or user groups you selected on the Details tab.
If you entitle a service, by adding catalog items individually you can apply different approval policies to the catalog items.
- (Optional) Enter the name of a resource action in the Entitled Actions text box, and press Enter.
- (Optional) Modify the approval policies for a service, catalog item, or action.
- Point to the down arrow in the Approval Policy column and select Modify Policy.
- Select the policy to apply from the Apply this Policy drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- Click Add.
You created an entitlement and you can see it on the Entitlements page. If you set the entitlement in Active status, the users and user groups that you specified can access the catalog items in the service.
When consumers of the service log in to their vRealize Automation consoles, they see the service on the Catalog tab, and they can request the catalog items included in the service.