You create a property control layout to define how properties are displayed to users.
About this task
After you create the layout, a tenant administrator or business group manager can add it to a blueprint on the Properties tab.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
Create the property definitions to add to the property control layout.
- Select .
- Click New Property Layout.
- Enter a property layout name in the Name text box.
This is the name that is added to the blueprint or build profile. For example, type NetworkLayout.
- Click the Save icon ().
- Click Edit in the Property Instances column of the property layout name row, for example the NetworkLayout name row.
- Type 1 in the Order text box.
- From the Property Definition drop-down menu, select the name of the first property to display, for example VirtualMachine.Network.Environment.
- Type 2 in the Order text box.
- From the Property Definition drop-down menu, select the name of the second property to display, for example VirtualMachine.Network0.Name.
- Click OK.
A custom layout is now available for a tenant administrator or business group manager to add to a blueprint or build profile.