You can add a Relationship attribute to define a relationship between a drop-down property and another property, such that the value of the other property determines the possible values of the drop-down property.
About this task
The Relationship attribute is available for the DropDown and DropDownList property value control types.
In a property relationship, a parent property value determines the behavior of a child drop-down property. The child drop-down values are populated based on the value of the parent. If the value of the parent property changes, the child property updates with a list of possible values that are specific to the new parent property.
For more information, see Example of Creating a Relationship Between Two Properties and Adding Them to a Blueprint.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
- Select .
- Click Edit in the Property Attributes column of the property row.
- Click New Property Attribute.
- Select Relationship from the Type drop-down menu.
- Enter an attribute name in the Name text box.
This name is not visible in the user interface.
- Type the property value or value expression in the Value text box.
- Click the Save icon ().
- (Optional) Add additional attributes.
- Click OK.