You configure custom vRealize Orchestrator workflows to run at specific stages in the master machine workflow by associating your custom workflow with a state change workflow stub and assigning the workflows to a blueprint.
Use the workflow template provided in the Extensibility subdirectory of the vRealize Automation plugin library to create a custom workflow to run during the machine lifecycle.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Run or Design.
- Click the Workflows view.
- Select .
- Right-click the Assign a state change workflow to a blueprint and its virtual machines workflow and select Start workflow.
- Choose the lifecycle stage at which to run the workflow by selecting a stub from the vCAC workflow stub to enable drop-down menu.
- Select an IaaS host.
- Click Next.
- Select the blueprint to which you want to assign the workflow.
- Choose whether or not to apply these workflows to existing machines provisioned by using this blueprint.
- Select the workflow you want to run during the machine lifecycle.
- Configure which workflow input values are added as custom properties to the machine.
- Add vCO workflow inputs as blueprint properties.
- Add last vCO workflow run input values as blueprint properties.
- Click Submit.