To create a blueprint that enables the deployment of BMC BladeLogic Configuration Manager software jobs on machines provisioned from it, a tenant administrator or a business group manager must create a blueprint for provisioning by cloning that includes BMC BladeLogic custom properties.
About this task
Obtain the following information from your fabric administrator:
The name of the server that hosts BMC BladeLogic.
The name of the default authentication profile on the BMC BladeLogic server.
The BMC BladeLogic location of software jobs to be deployed. This must match either the appropriate field in Website\Software.txt or the appropriate value of VRM.Software.IdNNNN, depending on the method used to prepare software jobs for integration.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
Create a blueprint for cloning by using the template and customization specification provided to you by your fabric administrator. See IaaS Configuration for Virtual Platforms.Note:
A fabric administrator can create a build profile by using the property set BMCSoftWareProperties. This makes it easier for tenant administrators and business group managers to correctly include this information in their blueprints.
For a list of all required and common BMC BladeLogic custom properties, see Custom Properties for BMC BladeLogic Configuration Manager Integration.
- Select .
- Locate the clone blueprint that you want to integrate with BMC BladeLogic.
- In the Actions column, click the down arrow and click Edit.
- Click the Properties tab.
- (Optional) Select one or more build profiles from the Build profiles menu.
Build profiles contain groups of custom properties. Fabric administrators can create build profiles.
- (Optional) Add any custom properties to your blueprint.
- Click New Property.
- Type the custom property in the Name text box.
- (Optional) Select the Encrypted check box to encrypt the custom property in the database.
- Type the value of the custom property in the Value text box.
- (Optional) Select the Prompt user check box to require the user to provide a value when they request a machine.
If you choose to prompt the user for a value, any value you provide for the custom property is presented to the user as the default. If you do not provide a default, the user cannot continue with the machine request until they provide a value for the custom property.
- Click the Save icon ().
- Click OK.
Your blueprint is saved.
What to do next
Publish your blueprint to make it available as a catalog item. See Publish a Blueprint.