Each reservation is configured for a specific business group to grant them access to request machines on a specified compute resource.
About this task
After you create a reservation, you cannot change the business group or the compute resource.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
- Select .
and select the type of reservation you are creating.
Select Amazon EC2.
- (Optional) Select an existing reservation from the Copy from existing reservation drop-down menu.
Data from the reservation you chose appears, and you can make changes as required for your new reservation.
- Select a compute resource on which to provision machines from the Compute resource drop-down menu.
When you select an available compute resource, the Name field automatically populates.
- Select a tenant from the Tenant drop-down menu.
- Select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Only users in this business group can provision machines by using this reservation.
- Select a reservation policy from the Reservation policy drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Type a number in the Machine quota text box to set the maximum number of machines that can be provisioned on this reservation.
Only machines that are powered on are counted towards the quota. Leave blank to make the reservation unlimited.
- Type a number in the Priority text box to set the priority for the reservation.
The priority is used when a business group has more than one reservation. A reservation with priority 1 is used for provisioning over a reservation with priority 2.
- (Optional) Deselect the Enable this reservation check box if you do not want this reservation active.
- (Optional) Add any custom properties.
Do not navigate away from this page. Your reservation is not complete.