The network profile information identifies the NAT network properties, its underlying external network profile, the NAT type, and other values used in provisioning the network.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Select an external network profile from the drop-down menu.
- Select a NAT type from the drop-down menu.
Assign an external static IP address to each network adapter. Every machine can access the external network and is accessible from the external network.
One external IP address is shared among all machines on the network. An internal machine can have either DHCP or static IP addresses. Every machine can access the external network, but no machine is accessible from the external network. Selecting this option enables the Enabled check box in the DHCP group.
- Type a mask address in the Subnet mask text box.
For example, 255.255.0.0.
- Type an IP address in the Gateway text box.
The gateway address is required for a one-to-one NAT network profile.
- (Optional) In the DNS/WINS group, type values as needed.
The external network profile provides these values, which you can edit.
- (Optional) In the DHCP group, select the Enabled check box and type the values as needed.
You can select the check box only if you set the NAT type to one-to-many.
- (Optional) Set a lease time to define how long a machine can use an IP address.
What to do next
A NAT network profile requires DHCP information or an IP range. For information about how to create an IP range, see Configure NAT Network Profile IP Ranges.