A fabric administrator can define zero (0) or more ranges of static IP addresses for use in provisioning a network. An external network profile must have at least one static IP range for use with routed and NAT network profiles.
- Click the IP Ranges tab.
- Click New Network Range.
The New Network Range dialog box appears.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Enter an IP address in the Starting IP address text box.
- Enter an IP address in the Ending IP address text box.
- Click OK.
The newly defined IP address range appears in the Defined Ranges list. The IP addresses in the range appear in the Defined IP Addresses list.
- (Optional) Upload one or more IP addresses from a CSV file.
A row in the CSV file has the format ip_address,mname,status.
An IP address
Name of a managed machine in vRealize Automation. If the field is empty, defaults to no name.
Allocated or Unallocated, case-sensitive. If the field is empty, defaults to Unallocated.
- Click Browse next to the Upload CSV text box.
- Navigate to the CSV file and click Open.
- Click Process CSV File.
The uploaded IP addresses appear in the Defined IP Addresses list. If the upload fails, diagnostic messages appear that identify the problems.
- (Optional) Filter IP address entries to only those that match.
- Click in the Defined IP Addresses text boxes.
- Type a partial IP address or machine name, or select a date from the Last Modified drop-down calendar.
The IP addresses that match the filter criteria appear.
- Click OK.