Tenant administrators and business group managers can use a custom property to enable users to connect remotely to their Linux machines using SSH.
About this task
If your fabric administrator creates a build profile that contains the required custom properties and you include it in your blueprint, you do not need to individually add the required custom properties to the blueprint.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
Create at least one blueprint.
If you are using Amazon Web Services, RDP, or SSH must be enabled on the Amazon machine instance and the machines must be in a security group in which the correct ports are open.
The SSH daemon must also be running on the target machine.
- Select .
- Point to the blueprint to change and click Edit.
- Click the Properties tab.
- (Optional) : Select one or more build profiles from the Build profiles menu.
Build profiles contain groups of custom properties. Fabric administrators can create build profiles.
- Click New Property.
- Type Machine.SSH in the Name text box.
You may also need to add the VirtualMachine.Admin.NameCompletion custom property.
- Type true in the Value text box.
- (Optional) : Select the Encrypted check box to encrypt the custom property in the database.
- (Optional) : Select the Prompt user check box to require the user to provide a value when they request a machine.
If you choose to prompt users for a value, any value you provide for the custom property is presented to them as the default. If you do not provide a default, users cannot continue with the machine request until they provide a value for the custom property.
- (Optional) : Add the VirtualMachine.Admin.NameCompletion custom property.
Specifies the domain name to include in the fully qualified domain name of the machine that the RDP or SSH files generate for the user interface options Connect Using RDP or Connect Using SSH option. For example, set the value to myCompany.com to generate the fully qualified domain name
my-machine-name.myCompany.comin the RDP or SSH file.
- Click the Save icon ().
- Click the Actions tab.
- Select the Connect using RDP or SSH check box to allow users to connect to their machine by using an RDP or SSH connection.
- Click OK.
All users who are entitled to connect using SSH see the Connect Using SSH option for all machines they request from your blueprint. For information about entitlements, see Tenant Administration.