Each reservation is configured for a specific business group to grant them access to request specific physical machines.
About this task
Once you create a reservation, you cannot change the business group and you can only remove physical machines from the reservation if they are currently unprovisioned.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
A tenant administrator must create at least one business group. See Create a Business Group.
- Select .
- Click .
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- Select a tenant from the Tenant drop-down menu.
- Select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Only users in this business group can provision machines by using this reservation.
- (Optional) : Select a reservation policy from the Reservation policy drop-down menu.
This option requires additional configuration. You must create a reservation policy.
- (Optional) : Type a number in the Machine quota text box to set the maximum number of machines that can be provisioned on this reservation.
Only machines that are powered on are counted towards the quota. Leave blank to make the reservation unlimited.
- Type a number in the Priority text box to set the priority for the reservation.
The priority is used when a business group has more than one reservation. A reservation with priority 1 is used for provisioning over a reservation with priority 2.
- (Optional) : Deselect the Enable this reservation check box if you do not want this reservation active.
- (Optional) : Add any custom properties.
Do not navigate away from this page. Your reservation is not complete.