Tenant administrators and business group managers can use a custom property to prompt users to specify a host name for their machines.
About this task
If your fabric administrator creates a build profile that contains the required custom properties and you include it in your blueprint, you do not need to individually add the required custom properties to the blueprint.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
Create at least one blueprint.
- Select .
- Point to the blueprint to change and click Edit.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Click New Property.
- Type Hostname in the Name text box.
- Leave the Value text box blank.
- Select the Prompt user check box to require the user to provide a value when they request a machine.
Because host names must be unique, users can only request one machine at a time from this blueprint.
- Click the Save icon ().
- Click OK.
Users who request a machine from your blueprint are required to specify a hostname for their machine. vRealize Automation validates that the specified host name is unique.