Blueprint information settings control who can access a blueprint and how many machines they can provision with it.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
Gather the following information from your fabric administrator:
For Cisco UCS Manager machines, record the service profile template name to apply to provisioned machines.
For Cisco UCS Manager machines, record the name of the boot policy to apply on reboot.
Depending on how your administrators prepare for provisioning, gather any other required information. For example, you might require the assigned names of custom PowerShell scripts to run during provisioning.Note:
Your fabric administrator might have provided this information in a build profile.
- Select .
- Select and select the type of blueprint you are creating.
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) : Enter a description in the Description text box.
- (Optional) : Select the Master check box to allow users to copy your blueprint.
- Select who can provision machines with this blueprint.
Who Can Provision
If you are both a business group manager and a tenant administrator
Select the Shared blueprint check box to allow the blueprint to be entitled to users in any business group.
Deselect the Shared blueprint check box to create a local blueprint, and select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Business group manager
Select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Your blueprints are always shared. You cannot choose who can use them to provision machines.
- (Optional) : Select a reservation policy from the Reservation policy drop-down menu.
This option requires additional configuration by a fabric administrator to create a reservation policy.
- Select a machine prefix from the Machine prefix drop-down menu.
You can select Use group default to accept the default machine prefix business group for the user.
- (Optional) : Enter a number in the Maximum per user text box to limit the number of machines that a single user can provision with this blueprint.
- (Optional) : Set the daily cost of the machine by typing the amount in the Cost (daily) text box.
This cost is added to any cost profiles that your fabric administrator sets up.
Your blueprint is not finished. Do not navigate away from this page.