Use the PEBuilder tool provided by vRealize Automation to create a WinPE ISO file that includes the vRealize Automation guest agent.
Add any third party plugins you want to add to the WinPE image to the PlugIns subdirectory of the PEBuilder installation directory.
- Run PEBuilder.
- Enter the vRealize Automation server host name in the vCAC Hostname text box.
In a high availability environment, specify the vRealize Automation server load balancer for the system that the manager service is running on.
In non-high availability environment, specify the host name for the system that the manager service is running on.
- Enter the vRealize Automation server port in the vCAC Port text box.
- Enter the path to the PEBuilder plugins directory.
This depends on the installation directory specified during installation. The default is C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\PE Builder\PlugIns.
- Enter the output path for the ISO file you are creating in the ISO Output Path text box.
This location should be on the staging area you prepared.
Do not change the WinPE Architecture or Protocol settings.
- Select the Include vCAC Guest Agent in WinPE ISO check box.
This inserts the Windows 32-bit guest agent into your WinPE ISO.
- Click OK.
- Click Build.
What to do next
If you are provisioning HP iLO machines, place the WinPE image in a web-accessible location. For Dell iDRAC machines, place the image in a location available to NFS or CIFS. Record the address.