Endpoints allow vRealize Automation to communicate with your environment to collect data and provision machines.
About this task
You do not have to create endpoints one at a time. You can also create endpoints by importing them from a CSV file.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an IaaS administrator.
- Select .
- and select the type of machine for which your are creating the endpoint.
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) : Enter a description in the Description text box.
- Type the address used to interact with the management interface of the hardware in the Address text box.
Cisco UCS Manager
IP address in URL format, for example https://111.222.333.444
Host name and optional port, Web URL, or IP address, for example 11.222.333.444
Host name and optional port, Web URL, or IP address, for example mymachine-mycompany.com:8281
- Select the Credentials for the endpoint.
If you did not already store the credentials, you can do so now.
- (Optional) : Add any custom properties.
- (Optional) : Click the Details tab to provide information about the physical location of your hardware.
- Click OK.
vRealize Automation can now discover your compute resources.
Renaming vSphere assets after discovery can cause provisioning to fail.