A fabric administrator uses a vCloud reservation to configure the resources and network paths available to vApp machines that are provisioned from this reservation.
About this task
The available resource allocation models for machines provisioned from a vCloud reservation are Allocation Pool, Pay As You Go, and Reservation Pool. For Pay As You Go, you do not need to specify storage or memory amounts but do need to specify a priority for the storage path. For details about these allocation models, see vCloud Air and vCloud Director documentation.
- Click the Resources tab.
- Specify the amount of memory, in GB, to be allocated to this reservation from the Memory table.
- Configure a storage profile in the Storage table.
- Select a storage path.
- Type a value in the This Reservation Reserved text box to specify how much storage to allocate to this reservation.
- Specify the priority for the storage path.
- Click the Network tab.
- Configure a network path for machines provisioned by using this reservation.
- Select a network path for machines provisioned on this reservation from the Network table.
- (Optional) : Select a network profile from the Network Profile drop-down menu.
This option requires additional configuration to configure network profiles.
You can select more than one network path on a reservation, but only one network is selected when provisioning a machine.
Do not navigate away from this page. Your reservation is not complete.