An IaaS administrator can create a vCloud endpoint to connect to a vCloud Director server.
About this task
For information about Organization vDCs, see VMware vCloud Director® documentation.
See also Creating a vCloud Endpoint.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an IaaS administrator.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Type the URL for the endpoint in the Address text box.
The URL specifies the fully qualified host name or IP address of the vCloud Director server. The URL must be specified using either a FQDN format or an IP address.
For example: https://mycompany.com
- Select the Credentials for the endpoint.
To connect to the vCloud Director server and specify the organization for which the user has the administrator role, use organization administrator credentials. With these credentials, the endpoint can only access the associated organization virtual datacenters. You can add endpoints for each additional organization in the vCloud Director instance to integrate with vRealize Automation.
To allow access to all Organization vDCs in the vCloud Director instance, use system administrator credentials for a vCloud Director and leave the Organization text box empty.
- If you are configured as an organization administrator, you can enter a vCloud Director organization name in the Organization text box.
You can specify a vCloud Director endpoint using the Organization text box or, if you have implemented vCloud Director in a private cloud, you can leave the Organization text block empty to allow the application to discover all the available Organization vDCs.
If you set up multiple organizations, either as separate endpoints or as a single endpoint, create reservation policies for each organization. This configuration ensures that vApps are provisioned to the appropriate virtual datacenters. Do this if vApps must be put on a specific resource. For example, if the resources must be controlled this strictly or if the templates to be used are only for a specific organization. However, if the template is public and the requester knows that they want a Pay As You Go or Allocated resource, you can use one reservation policy to group both of those goals.
- (Optional) Click the Use proxy server check mark box to configure additional security and force connections to pass through a proxy server.
- Enter the host name of your proxy server in the Hostname text box.
- Enter the port number to use for connecting to the proxy server in the Port text box.
- (Optional) Click the Browse icon next to the Credentials text box.
Select or create credentials that represent the user name and password for the proxy server, if required by the proxy configuration.
- (Optional) Add any custom properties.
- Click OK.