Blueprint information settings include a name and description, machine prefix information, number of days after expiration to archive the machine, and a daily cost assignment.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
- Select .
- Select .
- (Optional) : Select a master blueprint from the Copy from existing blueprint text box to populate form fields.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- (Optional) : Select the Master check box to allow users to copy your blueprint.
- Select who can provision machines with this blueprint.
Who Can Provision
If you are both a business group manager and a tenant administrator
Select the Shared blueprint check box to allow the blueprint to be entitled to users in any business group.
Deselect the Shared blueprint check box to create a local blueprint, and select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Business group manager
Select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Your blueprints are always shared. You cannot choose who can use them to provision machines.
- (Optional) : Select a reservation policy from the Reservation policy drop-down menu.
This option requires additional configuration by a fabric administrator to create a reservation policy.
- Select a machine prefix from the Machine prefix drop-down menu.
You can select Use group default to accept the default machine prefix of the user's business group.
The prefix is used for all vApp component machines provisioned from this blueprint.
- (Optional) : Enter a number in the Maximum per user text box to limit the number of machines that a single user can provision with this blueprint.
- Specify the number of days to archive machines provisioned from this blueprint in the Archive (days) text box.
Enter 0 if you do not want to archive machines.
- (Optional) : Set the daily cost of the machine by typing the amount in the Cost (daily) text box.
This value should include any extra cost for the vApp as a whole in addition to the cost for the individual vApp component machines.
Your blueprint is not finished. Do not navigate away from this page.