A fabric administrator can configure alerts to send email notifications when vCloud reservation resources are low.
About this task
Alerts are an optional step in the reservation configuration. If you do not want to set alerts, click OK to save your reservation.
If configured, alerts are generated daily, rather than when the specified thresholds are reached.
Alerts are not available for Pay As You Go reservations that were created with no specified limits.
Notifications are only sent if emails are configured and notifications are enabled. See Tenant Administration.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- Set capacity alerts to On.
- Use the sliders to set thresholds for resource allocation.
- Type one or more user email addresses or group names to receive alert notifications in the Recipients text box.
Press Enter to separate multiple entries.
- Select Send alerts to group manager to include group managers in the email alerts.
- Choose a reminder frequency (days).
- Click OK.
Tenant administrators and business group managers can now create vApp (vCloud) and vApp Component (vCloud) blueprints. Fabric administrators can now configure optional policies such as storage reservation policies.