Blueprint information settings control who can access a blueprint, how many machines they can provision with it, and how long to archive a machine after the lease period is over.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
Gather the following information from your fabric administrator:
The name and location of the WinPE ISO image.
The name of the WIM file, the UNC path to the WIM file, and the index used to extract the desired image from the WIM file.
The user name and password under which to map the WIM image path to a network drive on the provisioned machine.
If you do not want to accept the default, K, the drive letter to which the WIM image path is mapped on the provisioned machine.
For vCenter Server integrations, the vCenter Server guest operating system version with which vCenter Server is to create the machine.
(Optional) For SCVMM integrations, the ISO, virtual hard disk, or hardware profile to attach to provisioned machines.
You fabric administrator might have provided this information in a build profile.
- Select .
- Select and select the type of blueprint you are creating.
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description text box.
- (Optional) Select the Master check box to allow users to copy your blueprint.
- (Optional) Select the Display location on request check box to prompt users to choose a datacenter location when they submit a machine request.
This option requires additional configuration to add datacenter locations and associate compute resources with those locations.
- Select who can provision machines with this blueprint.
Who Can Provision
If you are both a business group manager and a tenant administrator
Select the Shared blueprint check box to allow the blueprint to be entitled to users in any business group.
Deselect the Shared blueprint check box to create a local blueprint, and select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Business group manager
Select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Your blueprints are always shared. You cannot choose who can use them to provision machines.
- (Optional) Select a reservation policy from the Reservation policy drop-down menu.
This option requires additional configuration by a fabric administrator to create a reservation policy.
- Select a machine prefix from the Machine prefix drop-down menu.
You can select Use group default to accept the default machine prefix business group for the user.
- (Optional) Enter a number in the Maximum per user text box to limit the number of machines that a single user can provision with this blueprint.
- Specify the number of days to archive machines provisioned from this blueprint in the Archive (days) text box.
Enter 0 if you do not want to archive machines.
- (Optional) Set the daily cost of the machine by typing the amount in the Cost (daily) text box.
This cost is added to any cost profiles that your fabric administrator sets up.
Your blueprint is not finished. Do not navigate away from this page.