IaaS administrators create endpoints to allow vRealize Automation to communicate with the SCVMM environment and discover compute resources, collect data, and provision machines.
About this task
For related information, see Preparing Your SCVMM Environment.
You do not have to create endpoints one at a time. You can also create endpoints by importing them from a CSV file.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an IaaS administrator.
You must install and configure a DEM agent to manage your Hyper-V (SCVMM) endpoint. For information, see SCVMM Requirements in Installation and Configuration.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) : Enter a description in the Description text box.
- Enter the URL for the endpoint in the Address text box.
The URL must be of the type: FQDN or IP_address.
For example: mycompany-scvmm1.mycompany.local.
- Select the Credentials for the endpoint.
If you did not already store the credentials, you can do so now.
- (Optional) : Add any custom properties.
- Click OK.
vRealize Automation can now discover your compute resources.
What to do next
Add the compute resources from your endpoint to a fabric group.