Tenant administrators and business group managers can use the custom property VirtualMachine.DiskN.StorageReservationPolicyMode to prevent provisioning from failing in the case of insufficient space on the datastores in a storage reservation policy. This custom property is set to allow vRealize Automation to choose a datastore outside the specified storage reservation policy in cases where there is not sufficient space remaining on the datastores in the policy.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator or business group manager.
Create a vSphere, KVM (RHEV), or SCVMM create, clone, or FlexClone blueprint that uses a storage reservation policy. See Choosing a Storage Scenario.
- Select .
- Point to the blueprint for which you want to allow alternative datastores and click Edit.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Click New Property.
- Type VirtualMachine.DiskN.StorageReservationPolicyMode in the Name text box.
N is the index (starting at 0) of the volume.
- Type the Not Exact in the Value text box.
Exact restricts provisioning to the datastores in the storage reservation policy. This is the default.
- (Optional) Select the Encrypted check box to encrypt the custom property in the database.
- (Optional) Select the Prompt user check box to require the user to provide a value when they request a machine.
If you choose to prompt users for a value, any value you provide for the custom property is presented to them as the default. If you do not provide a default, users cannot continue with the machine request until they provide a value for the custom property.
- Click the Save icon ().
- Click OK.