Adding custom properties to a blueprint gives you detailed control over provisioned machines.
About this task
You might not need to add custom properties one at a time through the vRealize Automation console, instead a fabric administrator can create build profiles that contain common groupings of custom properties.
- Click the Properties tab.
- (Optional) Select one or more build profiles from the Build profiles menu.
Build profiles contain groups of custom properties. Fabric administrators can create build profiles.
- (Optional) Add any custom properties to your blueprint.
- Click New Property.
- Enter the custom property in the Name text box.
- Enter the value of the custom property in the Value text box.
- (Optional) Select the Encrypted check box to encrypt the custom property in the database.
- (Optional) Select the Prompt user check box to require the user to provide a value when they request a machine.
If you choose to prompt users for a value, any value you provide for the custom property is presented to them as the default. If you do not provide a default, users cannot continue with the machine request until they provide a value for the custom property.
- Click the Save icon ().
Your blueprint is not finished. Do not navigate away from this page.