Tenant administrators and business group managers can configure static IP assignment at the blueprint level.
About this task
This information does not apply to Amazon Web Services.
For a list of custom properties related to networking, see Custom Properties for Networking.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
A fabric administrator must Create a Network Profile for Static IP Address Assignment.
Create at least one blueprint that is eligible for static IP assignment. Static IP is supported with cloud and virtual machines provisioned by cloning or Linux kickstart/autoYaST. For SCVMM, you can only use static IP addresses if you are cloning Linux machines and you installed the guest agent on your template.
For vSphere clone blueprints, you must specify a valid customization specification on the Build Information tab of the blueprint.
- Select .
- Point to the blueprint for which you want to enable static IP assignment and click Edit.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Specify a network profile to use for assigning static IP addresses to a network device on machines provisioned from this blueprint.
- Click New Property.
- Type VirtualMachine.NetworkN.ProfileName in the Name text box, where N is the number of the network device for which to enable static IP assignment.
For example: VirtualMachine.Network0.ProfileName.
- Type the name of the network profile that defines the static IP addresses that can be assigned to the network device.
- (Optional) : Select the Prompt user check box to require the user to provide a value when they request a machine.
If you choose to prompt users for a value, any value you provide for the custom property is presented to them as the default. If you do not provide a default, users cannot continue with the machine request until they provide a value for the custom property.
- Click the Save icon ().
Repeat this step to configure static IP assignment for additional network devices in this blueprint.
- Click OK.