Tenant administrators and business group managers can assign a datastore to a volume so that only the specified datastore is used at provisioning time.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
Create a linked clone blueprint for a vSphere environment.
- Select .
- Point to the blueprint you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon ().
- Click the Properties tab.
- Click New Property.
- Type VirtualMachine.DiskN.Storage in the Name text box.
N is the index (starting at 0) of the volume you want to assign.
- Type the name of the datastore to assign to the volume in the Value text box.
This is the datastore name as it appears in the Storage Path column on the Configuration tab of the Edit Compute Resource page.
- (Optional) Select the Encrypted check box to encrypt the custom property in the database.
- (Optional) Select the Prompt user check box to require the user to provide a value when they request a machine.
If you choose to prompt users for a value, any value you provide for the custom property is presented to them as the default. If you do not provide a default, users cannot continue with the machine request until they provide a value for the custom property.
- Click the Save icon ().
- Click OK.