WIM provisioning requires a number of custom properties to locate the WIM image and WinPE.
About this task
If your fabric administrator creates a build profile that contains the required custom properties and you include it in your blueprint, you do not need to individually add the required custom properties to the blueprint.
For a list of custom properties related to WIM provisioning, see Custom Properties for WIM Blueprints.
- Click the Properties tab.
- (Optional) : Select one or more build profiles from the Build profiles menu.
Build profiles contain groups of custom properties. Fabric administrators can create build profiles.
- Add the ISO name custom property.
- Click New Property.
- Type Image.ISO.Name in the Name text box.
- Type the location of the ISO image that your fabric administrator provided for you in the Value text box.
The value of Image.ISO.Name is case sensitive.
The path to the WinPE ISO, including the name. The value must use forward slashes, for example: /MyISOs/Microsoft/MSDN/win2003.iso.
The full local path to the WinPE ISO file, including the file name.
The name of the WinPE ISO file.
- (Optional) : Select the Encrypted check box to encrypt the custom property in the database.
- (Optional) : Select the Prompt user check box to require the user to provide a value when they request a machine.
If you choose to prompt users for a value, any value you provide for the custom property is presented to them as the default. If you do not provide a default, users cannot continue with the machine request until they provide a value for the custom property.
- Click the Save icon ().
- Add the remaining required custom properties for WIM provisioning.
Type the location of the ISO image that your fabric administrator provided for you in the Value text box. This custom property is case sensitive. For Hyper-V integrations, this custom property is not required because the name and location are both specified in the ISO name custom property.
Type the UNC path to the WIM file that your fabric administrator provided for you in the Value text box.
Type the name of the WIM file that your fabric administrator provided for you in the Value text box.
Type the index to be used to extract the desired image from the WIM file that your fabric administrator provided for you in the Value text box.
Type the user name under which to map the WIM image path (Image.WIM.Path) to a network drive on the machine in the Value text box.
Type the associated password for the network user (Image.Network.User) in the Value text box.
Your blueprint is not finished. Do not navigate away from this page.