A system administrator downloads the IaaS installer from the vRealize Appliance to a Windows 2008 or Windows 2012 physical or virtual machine.
About this task
If you see certificate warnings during this process, continue past them to finish the installation.
Verify that your installation servers meet the requirements described in IaaS Web Service and Model Manager Server Requirements.
Verify that you imported a certificate to IIS and that the certificate root or the certificate authority is in the trusted root on the installation machine.
If you are using load balancers in your environment, verify that they meet the configuration requirements.
- (Optional) Activate HTTP if you are installing on a Windows 2012 machine.
- Select Features > Add Features from Server Manager.
- Expand WCF Services under .NET Framework Features.
- Select HTTP Activation.
- Log in to the Windows machine where you are about to perform the installation.
- Open a Web browser.
- Enter the URL of the VMware vRealize Automation IaaS Installation download page.
For example, https://vra-va-hostname.domain.name:5480/installer, where vra-va-hostname.domain.name is the name of your vRealize Appliance host.
- Download the installer by clicking on the IaaS Installer link.
- When prompted, save the installer file, email@example.com, to the desktop.
Do not change the file name. It is used to connect the installation to the vRealize Appliance.
- Download the installer file to each machine on which you are installing components.
What to do next
Install an IaaS database, see Choosing an IaaS Database Scenario.