The system administrator specifies server and account settings for the Windows installation server and selects a SQL database server instance and authentication method.
- Under Server Installation Information, enter the user name and password for the Windows service account, which is a local administrator account that also has SQL administrative privileges.
The password for this account cannot contain a double quotation mark (").
- Type a phrase in the Passphrase text box.
The passphrase is a series of words that generates the encryption key used to secure database data.Note:
Save your passphrase so that it is available for future installations or system recovery.
- In the Microsoft SQL Server Database Installation Information panel, accept the default server to install the database instance on the same server with the IaaS components, or type a different server name if the database is on another machine.
If you specify a different server, you must supply the server name and port number, using the form servername,portnumber[\NamedInstance].
- Accept the default in the Database Name text box or type an appropriate name if applicable.
- Select the authentication method.
Select Use Windows authentication if you want to create the database using the Windows credentials of the current user running the installer. The user must have SQL sys_admin privileges.
Deselect Use Windows authentication if you want to create the database using SQL authentication. Type the User name and Password of the SQL Server user with SQL sys_admin privileges on the SQL server instance.
- Click Next.