You can appoint one or more tenant administrators and IaaS administrators from the identity stores you configured for a tenant.
About this task
Tenant administrators are responsible for configuring tenant-specific branding, as well as managing identity stores, users, groups, entitlements, and shared blueprints within the context of their tenant. IaaS Administrators are responsible for configuring infrastructure source endpoints in IaaS, appointing fabric administrators, and monitoring IaaS logs.
For migration, you must select one or more single users to appoint as your administrators. The individual administrator name must have access to the default tenant, vsphere.local. Group administrator names are not supported.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a system administrator.
- Select .
- Click the name of the default tenant, vsphere.local.
- Click the Administrators tab.
- Enter the name of a user or group in the Tenant Administrators search box and press Enter.
For faster results, enter the entire user or group name, for example myAdmins@mycompany.domain. Repeat this step to appoint additional tenant administrators.
- If you have installed IaaS, enter the name of a user or group in the Infrastructure Administrators search box and press Enter.
For faster results, enter the entire user or group name, for example IaaSAdmins@mycompany.domain. Repeat this step to appoint additional infrastructure administrators.
- Verify that the user or group names you chose appear in Tenant Administrators and Infrastructure Administrators lists.
- Click Update.
For migration, make note of the tenant administrator you appointed. You must supply the tenant administrator credentials to the pre-migration tool when you are prompted for the default tenant administrator credentials.