You can download the REST API Explorer from the vRealize Appliance management console and install it on your machine.
About this task
You can run java –version in a UNIX shell or Windows Command Prompt window to verify the version.
You can request verbose help for a specific command with help command_name.
Verify that your machine has Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 7 installed and running.
Verify your PATH environment variable includes the location of the correct version of Java.
- Open a Web browser.
- Navigate to the vRealize Appliance management console by using its fully qualified domain name,
- Download the REST API Explorer (vcac-cli) distribution package.
- Unzip the distribution package to a local folder.
The local folder now contains the bin, repo, and etc folders.
- (UNIX only) Use chmod to grant execute privileges to the vcac-cli script.
%chmod +x bin/vcac-cli
- (UNIX only) Determine which version of java the script uses.
%sh -x bin/vcac-cli
- Update your PATH environment variable to include the location of the bin folder.