Test that failback from the secondary appliance database machine to the primary machine functions.
About this task
For this test, the appliance database is failed back from the secondary appliance to the original primary appliance.
The appliance database is installed and configured as described in vRealize Automation Installation and Configuration.
- Log in to the replica appliance machine, which currently contains the master appliance database, as root using SSH.
- Stop the vpostgres service using the
service postgres stopcommand.
# service postgres stop Stopping VMware vPostgres: Last login: Mon Apr 27 19:49:26 UTC 2015 on pts/0 ok
- Log in to the primary appliance machine as root using SSH.
- Promote the replicate database to master as the postgres user with the
# su - postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/share/promote_replica_to_primary server promoting
- Log in to the replica appliance machine as root using SSH.
- Configure database replication as the postgres user with a command of the form
./run_as_replica-h Primary Appliance -b -W -U replicate
# su - postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/share/run_as_replica -h appl.domain.local -b -W -U replicate
- Enter the replicate user password when prompted.
- Type "yes" in response to the following message.
"Warning: the base backup operation will replace the current contents of the data directory. Please confirm by typing yes."
What to do next
Validate that the replication was successful. See Validate Appliance Database Replication.