If the server for your IaaS Website service or Web load balancer fails, a system administrator restores the IaaS Web site components, and reconfigures the load balancer if host names change.
About this task
You can restore the server or load balancer by reinstalling. You can also rename the server or load balancer. If you rename the server, you must edit the configuration files to use the new host name for components that are not being restored.
For more information see the Installation and Configuration documentation for vRealize Automation.
- Install the Website component by using the custom IaaS installer.
Do not install the ModelManagerData component now.
To avoid losing encrypted data, use the same passphrase as used for the original installation.
- If you have backups of configuration files, copy the files to the server on which you are installing, verifying that these settings are correct for your current deployment.
- If you changed the hostname when you reinstalled the Website machine or load balancer, update the host name in the associated configuration files.
If your deployment does not use a load balancer, the address is the hostname of the machine where the Model Manager Data component is installed. For an environment with a Web load balancer, use the Website load balancer address.
Machines where the Website component is installed.
Machines that have a Manager Service Component installed.
<vCAC Folder>\Distributed Execution Manager\<DEM Name>\DynamicOps.DEM.exe.config
Machines that have DEM Worker or DEM Orchestrator installed.
<vCAC Folder>\Agents\<Agent Name>\<Agent Config File>
All machines and agents that are installed.
- For each file, locate the
key="repositoryAddress"line, and change the value of the
valueattribute to point to your Web site address.
- If you are reinstalling the primary IaaS Website component and you have a backup of Meta Model data, copy the data to the new Web site.
Do not perform this step if you are reinstalling a secondary Website component.
Copy the following folders from the installation folder at (<vCAC Folder>\Server\):
Model Manager Data folder