Untrusted vRealize Appliance certificates must be manually imported to client browsers to support VMware Remote Console on clients provisioned on vSphere.
About this task
For information about supported versions of Chrome, see the VMware vRealize Support Matrix on the VMware Web site.
If vRealize Automation is configured with a trusted SSL certificate for your environment, then VMRC does not require additional configuration on client browsers.
On Windows, Chrome and Internet Explorer use the same certificate store. This means that certificates that are trusted by Internet Explorer are also trusted by Chrome. To establish trusted certificates for Chrome, import them through Internet Explorer. For information about this procedure, see Configure an Internet Explorer to Trust vRealize Automation Certificates.
When you complete the procedure, restart Chrome.
To permanently trust a certificate on the Macintosh operating system, download the certificate file and install the certificate as trusted in your certificate management tool.
- In a Chrome browser, log in to the vRealize Appliance.
- Click the icon in the address bar.
- Click the certificate information link.
- Save the certificate by dragging the certificate icon to the desktop.
- Start the Keychain Access application.
- Select .
- On the Keychain Access screen, select the certificate file you saved earlier.
Set the value of Destination Key to System.
- Click Open to import the certificate.
- Restart the browser.