When you add a resource action to an entitlement, you allow the business group members who are identified in the entitlement to use the resource action with any item that supports that action. You can also apply an approval to that resource action.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
- Select .
- Create or edit an entitlement.
Create an entitlement
Click Add (), enter a name, and click Next.
Edit an entitlement
Click an entitlement name, and click Next.
- Click the Add icon () for Entitled Actions.
The Add Resource Actions to Entitlement dialog box appears.
- (Optional) Select the type of resource action in the Type drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Type all or part of a resource action name in the Name search box.
vRealize Automation displays a list of matching names, if any.
- Select the check boxes of the resource actions to add to the entitlement.
- (Optional) Select an approval policy from the Apply this Policy to selected Items drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Change the policy.
- Click the down arrow for the resource action.
- Click Modify Policy.
The Modify Policy dialog box appears.
- Select a policy from the Apply this Policy drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Click an Add icon () to entitle users to more services, catalog items, or resource actions with this entitlement.
- Click Add or Update.
Add appears when you create an entitlement. Update appears when you edit an entitlement.
What to do next
For information about how to specify entitlement information, or how to entitle users to services and catalog items, see Creating an Entitlement.