When you create an entitlement, start by identifying the name of the entitlement, the business group, and the users and groups in the business group who are entitled to use the specified items.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
- Select .
- Click the Add icon ().
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description text box.
- (Optional) Select an expiration date and time.
- Click the calendar icon.
- Select an expiration year, month, and day, as required.
The actual time of expiration is calculated from your local time.
You can use the double arrows to select an adjacent month, or use the drop-down boxes to select a different month or year.
- Click the up and down arrows to select a different time.
Clicking the circled x clears the date and time fields.
- Select the status of the entitlement from the Status drop-down box.
The status can be Draft or Active. Users have access to items listed in the entitlement only when it is active.
- Select the business group for the entitlement from the Business Group drop-down menu.
- Type a user or group name in the Users & Groups search box.
vRealize Automation displays a list of matching names, if any.
- Select a name.
The name appears in the Users and Groups list.
- Click Next.
What to do next
For information about entitling users to services, catalog items, and resource actions, see Creating an Entitlement.