When you add a catalog item to an entitlement, you allow the business group members identified in the entitlement to request that catalog item. You can also apply an approval to that catalog item.
About this task
When you add a catalog item and its service to the same entitlement, the approval for the catalog item applies.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or business group manager.
- Select .
- Create or edit an entitlement.
Create an entitlement
Click Add (), enter a name, and click Next.
Edit an entitlement
Click an entitlement name, and click Next.
- Click the Add icon () for Entitled Catalog Items.
The Add Catalog Items to Entitlement dialog box appears.
- (Optional) Select the service in which to search in the Service drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Select the type of catalog item to search for in the Type drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Type all or part of a catalog item name in the Name search box.
vRealize Automation displays a list of matching names, if any.
- Select the check boxes of the catalog items to add to the entitlement.
- (Optional) Select an approval policy from the Apply this Policy to Selected Items drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Change the policy.
- Click the down arrow for the catalog item.
- Click Modify Policy.
The Modify Policy dialog box appears.
- Select a policy from the Apply this Policy drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Click an Add icon () to entitle users to more services, catalog items, or resource actions with this entitlement.
- Click Add or Update.
Add appears when you create an entitlement. Update appears when you edit an entitlement.
What to do next
For information about how to specify entitlement information, or how to entitle users to services and resource actions, see Creating an Entitlement.