A fabric administrator and business group manager can join a physical machine provisioned as a hypervisor to an existing compute resource cluster in vCenter Server.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator and as a business group manager.
A system administrator installed a vSphere agent as described in Installation and Configuration. The agent must manage the vCenter Server instance where you plan to join the hypervisor to an existing cluster.
An administrator created an ESXi or ESX reference machine for deployment on the physical machine being provisioned. See IaaS Configuration for Physical Machines.
An IaaS administrator created a fabric group, a vSphere endpoint for the targeted vCenter Server instance, and a physical endpoint for the physical machine.
A tenant administrator created a business group.
Create a physical reservation and add the physical machine to it.
A tenant administrator or business group manager created a physical blueprint for a hypervisor physical machine. The Properties tab in the blueprint must include the Image.ISO.Location and Image.ISO.Name custom properties to identify the image to be deployed on the physical machine during provisioning.
Provision the physical machine as a hypervisor with the blueprint.
Connect the hypervisor provisioned physical machine to its endpoint. See Connect a Physical Machine to an Endpoint.
After logging on to the management interface of the machine, locate and record the IP address of the machine for use in this procedure.
For more information about setting up and provisioning a physical machine, see IaaS Configuration for Physical Machines.
- Select .
- Locate the hypervisor provisioned physical machine.
- Select Join to Cluster in the drop-down menu.
- Select an endpoint in the Endpoint drop-down menu.
This is the vSphere endpoint for the vCenter Server instance where the cluster exists.
- Select the cluster from the Cluster drop-down menu.
This menu contains all clusters discovered in the vCenter Server instance by the most recent data collection from the selected endpoint.
- Type the user name for the ESXi or ESX instance deployed on the hypervisor provisioned machine in the Host username text box.
The user account must allow vRealize Automation to add the machine to the vCenter Server instance.
- Type the password for the ESXi or ESX instance deployed on the hypervisor provisioned machine in the Host password text box.
- Type the IP address of the hypervisor provisioned physical machine in the Host IP address text box.
This is the IP address you found with the management interface when you connected the hypervisor provisioned physical machine to its endpoint.
- If your site uses host profiles in ESX, select the Apply cluster host profile check box.
- (Optional) : Select the Leave compute resource in maintenance mode check box to add the host to the cluster in maintenance mode without activating it.
- Click OK.
The hypervisor appears as a host attached to the targeted cluster in the vCenter Server instance.