To update an existing approval policy, the policy must be in the draft state. Active and inactive approval policies are read-only. To update an active approval policy that is in use or an inactive approval policy, you must create a copy of the original policy.
About this task
When you make the copy of the approval policy, the status of the new policy is in the draft state. You can edit all of the attributes except the policy type.
You can create pre- and post-approval levels. For instructions about creating an approval level, see Create an Approval Level.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator.
- Select .
- Select the row of the approval policy to copy.
- Click the Copy icon ().
A copy of the approval policy is created.
- Select the new approval policy to edit.
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description text box.
- Select the state of the policy from the Status drop-down menu.
Saves the approval policy in an editable state.
Saves the approval policy in a read-only state that you can use in an entitlement.
Saves the approval policy in a read-only state that you cannot use in an entitlement until you activate the policy.
- Edit the pre- and post-approval levels.
- Click Update.
- Click View Linked Entitlements to view the entitlements linked to the old policy and update them to use the new approval policy.
You cannot deactivate a policy if it is linked to an entitlement.
What to do next
Deactivate the old policy. See Deactivate an Approval Policy.