Use the Virtual Appliance Management Interface (VAMI) Database page to monitor or update the configuration of the appliance database. Also, use it to change the master node designation and the synch mode used by the database.
The appliance database is installed and configured during vRealize Automation system installation and configuration, but you can monitor and change the configuration from the Administration tab on the Virtual Appliance Management Interface (VAMI.
The Connection Status field indicates whether the database is connected to the vRealize Automation system and is functioning correctly.
If your appliance database uses multiple nodes to support failover, the table at the bottom of the page displays the nodes, and their status and indicates which node is the master. The Replication mode field shows the currently configured operation mode for the system, either synchronous or asynchronous. Use this page to update appliance database configuration.
The Sync State* column in the database nodes table shows the synchronization method for the cluster. This column works with the Status column to show the state of cluster nodes. Potential status differs depending on whether the cluster uses asynchronous or synchronous replication. For systems that use synchronous replication, there is one replica node completely in sync with the master and its status is 'sync'. Other nodes have a status of 'potential'. In asynchronous replication mode all nodes have a status of 'async', and the master node has no Sync State value.
The Valid column indicates whether replicas are synchronized with the master node. The master node is always valid.
The Priority column shows the position of replica nodes in relation to the master node. The master node has no priority value. When promoting a replica to become the master, select the node with the lowest priority value.
vRealize Automation is installed and configured according to appropriate instructions in the Installation Guide.
Log in to the vRealize Automation management console as root.
You have an appropriate embedded Postgres appliance database cluster installed and configured.
- On the VAMI, navigate .
- Enter the host machine IP address in the Host field.
- Enter the communication port through which the database communicates on the host machine in the Port field.
- Enter the database name in the Database field.
- Enter the database user ID in the User field.
- Enter the database user password in the Password field.
- If your database uses multiple nodes, review the table at the bottom of the page and ensure that the system is operating appropriately.
Ensure that all nodes are listed.
Ensure that the appropriate node is the designated master node.
Do not use the Sync Mode button to change the synchronization mode of the database unless you are certain that your data is secure. Changing the sync mode on the fly may cause data loss.
- To promote one of the nodes to be the master, click Promote in the appropriate column.
- Click Save Settings to save your configuration if you have made any changes.