When you restart more than one vRealize Automation component, you must restart the components in a specified order.
About this task
You might need to restart some components in your deployment to resolve anomalous product behavior. If you are using vCenter Server to manage your virtual machines, use the guest restart command to restart vRealize Automation.
Verify that load balancers that your deployment uses are running.
- Restart the all instances of the vRealize Automation appliance at the same time.
- Restart the primary Web node and wait for the startup to finish.
- If you are running a distributed deployment, start all secondary Web nodes and wait for the startup to finish.
- Restart all Manager Service nodes and wait for the startup to finish.
- Restart the Distributed Execution Manager Orchestrator and Workers and all vRealize Automation agents, and wait for the startup to finish for all components.
You can restart these components in any order.
- Verify that the service you restarted is registered.
- Navigate to the vRealize Automation appliance management console by using its fully qualified domain name, https://vra-va-hostname.domain.name:5480/.
- Click the Services tab.
- Click the Refresh tab to monitor the progress of service startup.
When all services are listed as registered, the system is ready to use.