After you upgrade the master node in the vRealize Automation appliance you can optionally configure the external PostgreSQL database to merge into an embedded PostgreSQL master node.
About this task
This is the last task in the upgrade process. You can perform this task anytime after upgrade is finished.
This task is not required if it is not applicable to your deployment environment.
Verify that the master node in the vRealize Automation appliance is upgraded.
- Select your master vRealize Automation appliance as described in the knowledge base article at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2105809.
- Use SSH to log in to the primary virtual appliance.
- Navigate to the /etc/vcac/server.xml file and make the following changes so that the PostgreSQL database connection specifies the external IP address of the master PostgreSQL node. Change the URL attribute from url=jdbc:postgresql://EXT_DB_FQDN:EXT_DB_PORT/EXT_DB_NAME?sslmode=require to url=jdbc:postgresql://EXT_DB_IP:EXT_DB_PORT/EXT_DB_NAME.
EXT_DB_FDN is the Fully Qualified Domain Name of the external vRealize Automation database.
EXT_DB_PORT is the external database port number.
EXT_DB_IP is the IP address of the external vRealize Automation database master node.
EXT_DB_NAME is the vRealize Automation external database name.
Be sure to remove ?sslmode=require.
- Open a command-line prompt and run the following command to check the vPostgreSQL service status.
service vpostgres status
If the service is stopped, run the service vpostgres start command.
- Run the merge command.
- Run the following commands consecutively to enable the embedded PostgreSQL on both nodes.
chkconfig vpostgres on
service vpostgres start
- Reboot the primary virtual appliance.
- Wait for the primary virtual appliance to start.
- Verify that all of the services are running with the exception of the IaaS-service, which should appear as REGISTERED.