In a vRealize Automation high availability environment, the Identity Manager can fail to start after the horizon-workspace service is restarted.
The horizon-workspace service cannot start due an error similar to the following:
Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in class path resource [spring/datastore-wireup.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by fe80:0:0:0:250:56ff:fea8:7d0c%eth0 (fe80:0:0:0:250:56ff:fea8:7d0c%eth0) since 10/29/15
The Identity Manager may fail to start in a high availability environment due to issues with the liquibase data management utility used by vRealize Automation.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation appliance as root using ssh.
- Run the service horizon-workspace command to stop the horizon-workspace service.
- Run the su postgres command to become a postgres user.
- Run the command psql vcac.
- Run the following SQL query: "update "databasechangeloglock" set locked=FALSE, lockgranted=NULL, lockedby=NULL where id=1;"
- Run the SQL query select * from databasechangeloglock.
The output should show a value of "f" for locked.
- Start the horizon-workspace service using the command service horizon-workspace start.