Before you begin the upgrade, shut down vCloud Automation Center services on your IaaS Windows Servers,
About this task
Shut down vCloud Automation Center services in the recommended order for all servers that are running IaaS services.
Except for a passive backup instance of the Manager Service, the startup type for all services must be set to Automatic during the upgrade process. The upgrade process fails if you set services to Manual.
- Log in to your IaaS Windows Server.
- Select .
- Shut down services in the following order. Be sure not to shut down the actual machine.
Each virtual machine has a Management agent, which should be stopped with each set of services.
All VMware vCloud Automation Center agents
All VMware DEM workers
VMware DEM orchestrator
VMware vCloud Automation Center Service
- For deployments that use load balancers, disable all of the secondary nodes from the load balancer for the distributed installation.
- For deployments that use load balancers, disable all vRealize Automation health monitors, and ensure traffic is directed to the primary node.
- Verify that the IaaS service hosted in Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.5 is running.
Enter the URL https://webhostname/Repository/Data/MetaModel.svc to verify that the Web Repository is running. If successful, no errors are returned and you see a list of models in XML format.
Check the status recorded in the Repository.log file on the Web node of the Iaas machine. The file is located in the VCAC home folder at /Server/Model Manager Web/Logs/Repository.log to see that status reports OK.