Install a minimal deployment for proof-of-concept work. The wizard for minimal installation assumes you are installing all IaaS components on a single Windows machine.
About this task
Minimal deployments typically support a single vRealize Automation appliance, an IaaS server, and use a vSphere agent to support endpoints.
- Open a Web browser.
- Navigate to the vRealize Automation appliance management console by using its fully qualified domain name, https://vra-va-hostname.domain.name:5480/.
- Log in with the user name root and the password you specified when the appliance was deployed.
- When the Installation Wizard appears, click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select Minimal Deployment and Install Infrastructure as a Service on the Deployment Type screen and click Next.
- Check that the prerequisites listed on the Installation Prerequisites page have been met and that the Windows servers on which you installed a Management Agent are listed.
- If needed, you can change the timekeeping method for your vRealize Automation appliance. Click Change Time Settings, if you make changes.
- Click Run on the Run the Prerequisite Checker screen to verify that the Windows servers in your deployment are correctly configured for vRealize Automation use.
Because this step runs remotely, it can take several minutes for the step to run.
- If a failed status is returned for a machine, click Fix to start automatic corrections or click Show Details and follow the instructions. Automatic corrections also restart
- Click Run to rerun the checker.
- When all statuses show success, click Next.
- Proceed through the next screens, supplying the requested information to configure your deployment components, including the Web server, Manager Service, Distributed Execution Manager, vSphere proxy agent, and certificate information.
Additional information is available from the Help buttons.