You install the Model Manager component on the same machine that hosts the first Website component. You can only install Model Manager Data once.
- Click the Model Manager Data tab.
- Type the fully qualified domain name of the vRealize Automation appliance in the Server text box.
IP addresses are not recognized.
For example, vra.mycompany.com.
- Click Load to display the SSO Default Tenant.
The vsphere.local default tenant is created automatically when you configure single sign-on. Do not modify it.
- Click Download to import the certificate from the virtual appliance.
It might take several minutes to download the certificate.
- (Optional) Click View Certificate, view the certificate, and click OK to close the information window.
- Click Accept Certificate.
- Type email@example.com in the User name text box and the password you created when you configured the SSO in the Password and Confirm text boxes.
- (Optional) Click Test to verify the credentials.
- Type the fully qualified name of the IaaS Website server in the IaaS Server text box.
If you are using a load balancer
Type the fully qualified domain name of the load balancer for the IaaS Website Server. For example, IaaS-load-balancer.eng.mycompany.com. IP addresses are not recognized.
With no load balancer
Type the fully qualified domain name of the IaaS Website Server. For example, IaaS.eng.mycompany.com. IP addresses are not recognized.
- Click Test to verify the server connection.
- Click Next.
- Complete the Prerequisite Check.
Bypassing critical errors causes the installation to fail. If warnings appear, select the warning in the left pane and follow the instructions on the right. Address all critical errors and click Check Again to verify.
- Type the user name and password of the service account user who has administrative privileges on the current installation server in the Server Installation Information text boxes on the Server and Account Settings page.
- Provide the passphrase used to generate the encryption key that protects the database.
If you have already installed components in this environment
Type the passphrase you created previously in the Passphrase and Confirm text boxes.
If this is the first installation
Type a passphrase in the Passphrase and Confirm text boxes. You must use this passphrase every time you install a new component.
Keep this passphrase in a secure place for later use.
- Specify the IaaS database server, database name, and authentication method for the database server in the Microsoft SQL Database Installation Information text box.
This is the IaaS database server, name, and authentication information that you created previously.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the installation finishes, deselect Guide me through the initial configuration and click Next.
What to do next
You can install additional Website components or install the Manager Service. See Install Additional IaaS Website Components or Install the Active Manager Service. If you do not plan to add more nodes under the load balancer, enable any applicable health checks.